Quote Originally Posted by jasonrudolph
I don't know, but from what you are describing, it sounds just like you would just need alpha in your video and key that over your current video. From what I am used to working with as a travel matte, you have three files, not two. Two video files and one Matte, you set the matte to be a travel matte and tell which video file to replace which part of the matte. You can then move the matte around without affecting the video layers' scale rotation, etc.
Hi Jason,

Sorry for the misunderstandin, I do mean 3 layers it's just that I often supply the first layer myself. In short, I build the content for the first layer and for shows such as the Superbowl or Rock and roll hall of fame induction ceremony the Avid editors usualy hand me two digibetas, 1 matte file and one fill file with the titling on it. After importing them from tape to QT, I need a way to play back these files in sync with eachother over my 1st layer so that I can have a title without an NTSC rectangle around it.

Usually the titling tapes go to an EVS system or Profile and dealt with on digibeta or HD, sometimes they are brought in digitaly.

Since I can't Sync 2 files on the same machine without them drifting, the point is mute.

Christian