Thread: Features for Preset Control

Hybrid View

opened and saved from a file menu
    Possibly.

there are a lot of wierd modalities with this kindof thing.

I used to do things this way.

As people get more used to doing stuff on the computer this becomes easier.
    For people not used to using macs or computers- hunting for files is a problem.

Ability to send preset/manual change information back to the desk
    I looked into this, and we hit a wall- we couldnt find out how to get parameters that were not lighting parameters back to the console using wysiwyg.
    frame and play modes - just dissapeared - and noone seemed to know the answer - and how these were supported in hogs.
    I do have the wysiwyg midi spec.

Hi guys,

Just been playing with the preset functions. Its definitely a very useful addition to the software.

I would endorse the things Simon said. These suggestions would make life a lot quicker if you are actually trying to replace a desk on a show.

Would be very handy to be able to change a group of crossfade paths rather than having to adjust each parameter of each layer individually.

Would be useful to have a "global" layer adjustment tab for timing and crossfade across all the layers so for example if 1 layer is fading down and another is fading up you can just set the intensity crossfade path and timing in this tab and it will affect all layers.

Another one for the list.

Would be nice to be able to insert cues into a cue list as I think it would be dull to have to try and move all the cues down in the stack if you want to add in just one more cue half-way through.

Many thanks for the features so far though.

All the best,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    I looked into this, and we hit a wall- we couldnt find out how to get parameters that were not lighting parameters back to the console using wysiwyg.
    frame and play modes - just dissapeared - and noone seemed to know the answer - and how these were supported in hogs.
    I do have the wysiwyg midi spec.
    Yes sending back parameters would save SO much time..
    I just spent a day and a night writing down all the presets made in the computer, and then manually putting them in the lightdesk.

Otherwise, wouldnt it be possible to export the cuelist, or at least the parameter settings into a format that a lightingdesk would understand ?

thanks, gideon.

lighting desks had this wysiwyg protocol thing.

ross did a bit of research and drew a blank from console developers.

the problem now - is that each lighting console manufacturer seems to have their own 'media server', and they all want to favour their own device, so the possibility of coming up with something that works well and is agnostic seems increasingly remote.