Thread: Usable Graphics Cards

Hybrid View

Cat settings files are all from the new version 3.3g21 - doesn't seem to make a difference with old ones either

Have tried old 3.2f29 files and all settings seem to be ported across - with the exception of all the DMX In device selection/address boxes - all blank, no addresses/devices configured... - sync id's and rs232 codes, naming, remote setup all ok.

Its interesting that the presets that i was experimenting with from another cat-settings file, also seem to have incorporated themselves in to this one too - even though the cat-settings file is a version before presets! - That said, i've just moved the catalyst-preset.txt file. and they're gone.... (obvious!)

Have just done some tests... Using a Cat settings file that has some files on an external firewire drive.

If the drive is not connected when the mac starts up and then Catalyst is started - it brings up all the screens, but then crashed just before it starts to scan files.

However, if the external firewire drive is present (powered on) when the mac boots up - and catalst starts - there's no problem.

Although, It does seem a bit random as to whether it crashes first time or not... so not really sure if it is an external drive issue

Just re-booted and restarted 4 times and it only crashed out 1st and 2nd time - although i did nothing different... It only seems to crash at catalyst startup - never had a problem once running. Will let you know anything I work out...

could be a missing folder bug.

if it crashes when the drive is turned off.

i generally dont use removable firewire drives to hold media files.