Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1600x1200 resolution

yea they want me to output 1600 by 1200 resolution and they will blend it acroos the 3 projectors. Am i out of my mind for even sugesting catalyst on this projecct ?

Cameron.

A good start is to ask the projection guys what and how they would do with conventional video equipment.

R

i am not positive but i believe they would do it with computer rolling high resolution grapics. INto a montage and to a blend pro to the 3 projectors.
    I showed them some of my other work i have done with Catalyst and they wanted to use it on this project. its a fashion show and they want me to be able to q the backgrounds with the lighting and color match etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Portal
    i am not positive but i believe they would do it with computer rolling high resolution grapics.
    what kindof computer - running just stills?
    and what resolution?

I showed them some of my other work i have done with Catalyst and they wanted to use it on this project. its a fashion show and they want me to be able to q the backgrounds with the lighting and color match etc etc.
    and what type of video playback source would they use?

INto a montage and to a blend pro to the 3 projectors.
    does the montage take other video source?

R

man you are so much better at theis then i am.
    Computer will just do still grapics withh slight flash at 1600 x 1200 high res cards.
    video playback will be 1080i hard drive HD Player
    and yes montage will take other sources.

i am learning more and more by the minute

man you are so much better at theis then i am.
    Computer will just do still grapics withh slight flash at 1600 x 1200 high res cards.
    video playback will be 1080i hard drive HD Player
    and yes montage will take other sources.

i am learning more and more by the minute
    one has to ask the right questions so one doesnt get into trouble...

So they potentially have a single 1080i video source, mixed with graphics - then matrixed out to 6 projectors?

And what control solution would they use to do such a thing?
    How would they tie it all together?

All will be controlled by the montage i do believe
    3 main sources blended into one each source is doule stacked merged projectors. So i would be the main source if we used catalyst using grapics and video only where i couldnt cover.

Amy i getting closer ?

All will be controlled by the montage i do believe
    3 main sources blended into one each source is doule stacked merged projectors. So i would be the main source if we used catalyst using grapics and video only where i couldnt cover.

Amy i getting closer ?
    yes. we are getting closer.

you can run movies at 1600x1200 at almost 30fps --if you are very careful and have a fast scsi setup.
    You will need to render your movies using photojpeg at around 50%.

You will at most get 1 layer of movie to playback at 1600x 1200.
    To get more than one layer requires an increase in processor speed beyond 2.5Ghz.

You will be able to load still images into other layers at up to 2048x2048. but loading stills at this size can take more than a second. So they need to be loaded whilst nothing else is happening.

Have you rendered any large format movies in the past?
    1600x1200?

i have not and imagine it is quite time consuming.
    I will only be responsible for some fo the content for this show but all the codec and compression advice that you can give i would love.

Thanks again for all the advice my friend

Cameron

Also do you know what the stock content from highend is formated at?