Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand MA Catalyst and Artnet

Grand MA Catalyst and Artnet

Danny reports that the Grand MA cant send artnet direct to Catalyst.

This is because they require their artnet nodes to return information.
    I wrote catalyst so that it just accepted anything, and acted dumb.

It seems i have to return some status information to the grand MA.

I spoke to ACT here in CA and was told that they could not change anything anytime soon. We have started to run everything DMX.

Good news is the Remote Preview function works beautifully!!! This is such a time and MONEY saving feature. No more large runs of RGBHV to FOH. What a great help this is to selling this to clients.

One thing to remember is if you are previewing with your PowerBook, don't forget to turn off 'Accept Remote Commands' when sending a Shut Down. Quite a shock that was.

db

ill look into giving the Grand MA the required status information when i get home.

That would be great. Please don't rush on this. It would be nice to have strictly from a testing standpoint, but not absolutely necessary. I can only get this kind of lab once in a while. God knows HES isn't going to give me this kind of gear or support to complete a project like this.

Thanks for your prompt response Richard. It means a great deal to have a developer care this much about his users. There are too few developers like you in the world. Many kudos.

Thanks again,

db
    Last edited by dannyb; 30-05-2004 at 03:58 PM.

giving status information back is something i might have to do for another show.
    so i have to look into this asap.

That's cool. I won't be able to get back to my servers until Tuesday morning. I am going to be working on a few other things until then.

db

on the pixelmad show i just did, the grand ma came up on the artnet HUD, and we were able to communicate directly over ethernet, no artnet hubs required.

Dont know what version of the software the grandma was.

Im told Grandma v3.4 worked directly with pixelmad.

As I understand the Grandma can link through artnet to the catalyst in version v4.

I am going to be using a couple of NSPs and consoles linked together as well as 3 catalyst's link through Artnet. Plus, I am going to be using a 2 artnet boxes to drive pixellines through the Catalyst. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on a good way to set this up and/or pros or cons to trying this.

Thanks,

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Stiney3
    As I understand the Grandma can link through artnet to the catalyst in version v4.

I am going to be using a couple of NSPs and consoles linked together as well as 3 catalyst's link through Artnet. Plus, I am going to be using a 2 artnet boxes to drive pixellines through the Catalyst. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on a good way to set this up and/or pros or cons to trying this.

Thanks,

Aaron
    as long as you get the right ip address range sticking to 2.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x for all devices - using artnet is mostly foolproof.