Thread: My image doesnt move smoothly when I use DMX Input?

My image doesnt move smoothly when I use DMX Input?

Due to the refresh rate of DMX,
    there is a smoothness, or mspeed parameter that affects image movement scaling and rotation, and totally smoothes it out.

In my gui its shown as smooth. on the hog as mspeed?? I dont know.
    Low values less than 10% are good.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    Due to the refresh rate of DMX,
    there is a smoothness, or mspeed parameter that affects image movement scaling and rotation, and totally smoothes it out.

In my gui its shown as smooth. on the hog as mspeed?? I dont know.
    Low values less than 10% are good.
    See the DMX spec

http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richa...read.php?t=119

I've been finding that a DMX value of between 8 - 10 is actually keeping the speed of the image up while decreasing the steps in the movement.

One thing to remember here is not to confuse this with HES MSpeed. It does not function in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb
    I've been finding that a DMX value of between 8 - 10 is actually keeping the speed of the image up while decreasing the steps in the movement.

One thing to remember here is not to confuse this with HES MSpeed. It does not function in the same way.
    Low values work best.
    I designed it so that you could use high values if you needed to move something very very slowly.
    Its my arty side again.

Yes, lower values seem to work better for letting the console timing control the positioning. Patrick and I went through this today.

Is there any documentation on what timing the values represent? Is this something that needs to be created? I wasn't sure if you had values in the code that related to specific increments in time.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb
    Yes, lower values seem to work better for letting the console timing control the positioning. Patrick and I went through this today.

Is there any documentation on what timing the values represent? Is this something that needs to be created? I wasn't sure if you had values in the code that related to specific increments in time.
    they dont represent anything.
    They are not real time values.
    Its an exponential smoothing curve.

I was going to eventually change this - but not yet - and add real times to the channel.