Thread: reduce&go/ play once&don't jump

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    I dont remember this ever being reported.
    Richard,

I reported it to you before this forum was up in an e-mail dated 2-29-04 titled "Catalyst V3.2_4_f13 Report Show Premio Lo Nuestra"

Here are my playmode notes from that show and version.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Playmodes:

Playmode >int0 works great at normal speed. Anytime you reduce the speed, the layers that are synced to the master layer stop and studder. I think that anything in this playmode that is reduced speed, studders and stops but I don't remember if it was only synced layers.

Reverse play modes do strange things and I can't get them to work without going through a myriad of steps with in and outframes in preceding cues. The content just seems to freeze after a while. Would be great to be able to put a clip in rev playmode and have it play backwards on the fly if need be.

Playmode once is playing videos once then going right to frame 1. If this is your intent for this playmode, then a playmode that would play through and hold on the last frame such as playmode hold would be very useful.

-----------
    I thought you had fixed it but I'll double check tomorrow.

Christian

Quote Originally Posted by litemover
    Reverse play modes do strange things and I can't get them to work without going through a myriad of steps with in and outframes in preceding cues. The content just seems to freeze after a while. Would be great to be able to put a clip in rev playmode and have it play backwards on the fly if need be.

Playmode once is playing videos once then going right to frame 1. If this is your intent for this playmode, then a playmode that would play through and hold on the last frame such as playmode hold would be very useful.
    Christian
    The sync issue was a design problem.

The playmode reverse was fixed in d17 or thereabouts.
    Playmode once doesnt goto frame 1 when i operate in manual mode.
    Maybe people arent setting the outframe value - and just leaving it at zero?

OK.

Maybe - If you set playonce forward - you need to set a non-zero outframe.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    Maybe - If you set playonce forward - you need to set a non-zero outframe.
    i think i know what the problem might be.

What did you set your in ans out frame values to?