Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: reduce&go/ play once&don't jump

Quote Originally Posted by RGMdddd
    My vote would be for consistency and predictable behaviour rather than trying to save users from themselves. If I am trying to teach a concept to someone, a rule is much easier to learn than a rule with an exception is.

One man's opinion
    there are both exceptions and rules in this case.

Does this mean that play once forward will seek out the last frame ond play one forward and stop at that frame autimatically, or will we have to jump in and out of hud mode to find the frame and set it?

IMHO, I vote for the easiest way which is to play once without it flipping back to the last frame, without having to go through the steps of setting out points, otherwise you might as well always play forward then build a stop cue to stop the video at the end. A mode that plays once based on in and out points would be good too, but as a separate mode.

Just my 2c.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by litemover
    Does this mean that play once forward will seek out the last frame ond play one forward and stop at that frame autimatically, or will we have to jump in and out of hud mode to find the frame and set it?

IMHO, I vote for the easiest way which is to play once without it flipping back to the last frame, without having to go through the steps of setting out points, otherwise you might as well always play forward then build a stop cue to stop the video at the end. A mode that plays once based on in and out points would be good too, but as a separate mode.

Just my 2c.

CC
    i should probably make this so that if the outframe is 0 it plays to the last frame of the movie then stops.

I think if you set the outframe to 0 - at the moment - it jumps to frame 0 at the end of the loop.

4. Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    i should probably make this so that if the outframe is 0 it plays to the last frame of the movie then stops.

I think if you set the outframe to 0 - at the moment - it jumps to frame 0 at the end of the loop.
    This seems like a logical solution to me. Now we just have to get all the console manufacturers to change their library files.
    Rodd McLaughlin
    Prelite NY, LLC

this isnt in the library file, its just a usage issue. -

no changes other than the new f28 playmodes needed.