Yes photo Jpeg is working well. Even encoding at half still retains an acceptable level of color quality.

HDV relies on tweener frames of which I'v been using Heuris extractor to turn into mog files for FCP to read. Apple doesn't like HDV because of the tweener frames but said they will come out with a linear solution, probably similar to hueris or lumierHD.

BTW, don't use the pixlet codec as it is mostly intended for animation and is very slow. I don't like the fuzzy artifacting that comes with it either. PhotoJpeg is much cleaner for HD and plays back fast on my system.

I've learned that encoding at photojpeg high(one notch below best) is as good as you will ever percieve on a screen being televised situation so I've been experimenting with Half quality photoJpeg and it blazes while still looking great. I've gone off DV for now, the color is very bad and it comes with too much artifacting for rear projection, especially under the scrutiny of the TV people and Profile heads that I must co-exist with.

Christian