Quote Originally Posted by litemover
Yes, I've seen the DVCpro HD codec. I haven't tested it though because you had said it is too slow. I have seen it being played back in FCPHD with 10 simultaneous layers all with RT fx on including page peel and pans.

DVCpro50 is much nicer than DV. My camera is only DV though so it won't help the 5-1 compression that comes with DV. A good DVCpro50 camera is the Pana SDX-900 but it starts at $28,000. Looks great though. Maybe someday I'll invest in something like this for now I've been pretty surprised by my little JVC HD10u. The quality is nice and is the only game in town for a while when it comes to HDV or HD under $65000. The frameyness can be bothersome in fast situations but overall it looks great compressed in photojpeg on large format rear projection set to 1024x768.

Christian
the dvcProHD took 40ms in my testing to decode a single frame with a single 10k disc drive. try it on your disc system.
I think there is some cheating going on in your demo....

Yes dvcpro 50 looks good. its only 2.5:1 compression. pretty close to digibeta. but the price of decks and cameras is a killer.
I think i can do a couple of layers