Thread: Mixmappingprefs problem

Threaded View

Mixmappingprefs problem

I've programmed a show from scratch this week making use of some exact mapping. I saved and closed Catalyst after completing the details of the first Exact map. I then edited the mixmappingprefs XML file to added another mix, which I've all done before but catalyst then kept crashing when trying to load up. When I took the mixmappingprefs XML file out of the Catalyst folder Catalyst would load.
    I just thought I'd edited the file incorrectly and so when through procedures to find my mistake. However It seemed when I added more than 3 mix types into one exact map Catalyst would generally crash. I say generally because the odd time it would load and so I then took the mixmappingprefs XML file out of the folder whilst Catalyst was still open to let Catalyst save a fresh file. It's still not opening every time though.

I just concluded I'd written something odd into the file which I just couldn't find until yesterday - I opened a show that was toured earlier this year, of which I had no problems at all. I couldn't get Catalyst to open the show at all yesterday unless I took out the mixmappingprefs XML file from the catalyst folder again. Today I looked at the mixmappingprefs XML file changed the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> line to <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>and saved the file with UTF 16 encoding - Catalyst opened fully. I don't know if this helped or not, or just a bit of luck but at least I opened the show - we tour again next week.

The only difference is I'm now running on Sierra, a bad mistake possibly. I'm running Catalyst 561

If I only have the mixmappingprefs in the catalyst folder on startup they'll load fine.

I thought I'd attach the file, any help would be appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Barret; 01-12-2016 at 07:22 PM.