Thread: Mixmappingprefs problem

Hybrid View

Another show - more exact maps - still the same problem - i'm now on 10.12.3 - Still no reply from the developer

this little video shows the issue:

www.ventmedia.co.uk/temp/catalyst_crash.mp4

Barret

Don't get grumpy about this!
    Its an OS issue - not a Catalyst issue.

What Mac are you using?
    I Suggest that you use OS 10.9.5 as it seems the most stable given the choice of 10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x

If you have no other option - contact me

Regards

Simon
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

so apple breaks something in their very latest os release!

something that never caused any issue before! on any OS release!

of course thats my mistake!

of course running apples very latest os - on a show is always the best thing to do!

you will of course need to run a different OS - if this is causing a problem

It's quite sad that frustration is seen as grumpiness. If it came over that was I will apologise, however, this was meant to be a ‘discussion’ in a bugs report thread. The thread was started back in December following another thread about any known issues in Sierra.
    Richard, it's taken until now for a response (albeit a sarcastic one). I'm not blaming you for anything, I was simply trying to get a response so I could try and move forward. I have been trying to work out if it's an issue with my set-ups or if it's a common issue, or even possibly if it's an issue that would be looked into by yourself - this all came about as I went into purchasing new Mac book pros for touring overseas at the beginning of the new year. I'm kind of locked into the OS.

On the positive side , once Catalyst is up and running it's solid, it's just getting it there and it's only the mix mapping prefs thats an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Barret View Post
    It's quite sad that frustration is seen as grumpiness. If it came over that was I will apologise, however, this was meant to be a ‘discussion’ in a bugs report thread. The thread was started back in December following another thread about any known issues in Sierra.
    Richard, it's taken until now for a response (albeit a sarcastic one). I'm not blaming you for anything, I was simply trying to get a response so I could try and move forward. I have been trying to work out if it's an issue with my set-ups or if it's a common issue, or even possibly if it's an issue that would be looked into by yourself - this all came about as I went into purchasing new Mac book pros for touring overseas at the beginning of the new year. I'm kind of locked into the OS.

On the positive side , once Catalyst is up and running it's solid, it's just getting it there and it's only the mix mapping prefs thats an issue.
    apple seems to have broken something in 10.12.3 -
    its a miracle - quite honestly they only seem to have broken tiny things -

this particular problem only shows up in that os - as far as i can tell-

it will have nothing to do with exact maps -

it sometimes takes apple 6 months to fix things they break -

if you have a working system - and something breaks - and it does - and will continue to do
    you have to work through the changes that have been made

r

Barret

Richard may not have replied initially, but I discussed this with you here, in private, and in another thread in December.
    I suggested that you don't use 10.12.x if possible and that the problem was being investigated.

There's nothing more I can add until apple release any updates and we re-test.

I refer to my previous comment a and posts - and suggest that you try to use 10.9.5 where possible

Regards

Simon
    Last edited by Mr_P; 27-03-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk