Thread: Play to Out frame mode??

Play to Out frame mode??

Hey folks,

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I want to make a preset that tells catalyst to continue playing the current video until its out frame and then to play the next file once it has done this.

I can't just time it and type a delay time into the cuelist as this play to end of video preset could be triggered at any time.

This is to have a looping video continuously playing and then trigger the start of a video that starts visually exactly where this loop ends but then transitions to something different.

Thanks very much in advance for your help
    :0)

Not sure this is possible easily. Would be curious if anyone has another solution.
    What I would do is create 2 videos, one that is the loop and another that is the loop plus whatever you want to have after it.
    Have the loop on a higher layer than the longer file, and have both files at full opacity.
    Set the sync id of the longer one to match the ID of the loop. Then you would have to be watching and have a preset to change the playback mode of the longer one to not be a sync ID, and play forwards and then fade out the loop. Theoretically this would work.

Thanks 5th Element

Quote Originally Posted by 5th Element View Post
    Not sure this is possible easily. Would be curious if anyone has another solution.
    What I would do is create 2 videos, one that is the loop and another that is the loop plus whatever you want to have after it.
    Have the loop on a higher layer than the longer file, and have both files at full opacity.
    Set the sync id of the longer one to match the ID of the loop. Then you would have to be watching and have a preset to change the playback mode of the longer one to not be a sync ID, and play forwards and then fade out the loop. Theoretically this would work.
    Thanks very much this sounds like a plan....might take a few attempts before I get my head round it....not used SYNC ID before so will be handy to learn. Will give it a whirl soon as I get the chance.

Thanks very much,
    :0)

To use the sync ID, you set it in the layers window. Set the ID on the bottom of the layer to you want to sync to. So let's say you use sync ID 1. You would put that on the layer you have your loop on. Then the longer file set the play mode to sync to ID 1. It should loop around at the exact same time as the loop. Then make a cue, or preset to cross fade to the layer that is not the loop and change play mode to play once forward or whatever you need to do. It should transition and play past the "loop point"
    If you are set to blend glitch C you shouldn't see anything happen when you crossfade. Or if the loop is on a higher layer and the longer file is on a lower layer, run them both at full and bring down the loop, again, shouldn't notice anything happen.
    Good luck