Thread: SMTP sync´d layer not outputting video

SMTP sync´d layer not outputting video

I remember having problems with this before, but not how to get around it. One layer playing playmode 25, syncing to TC. Claims to be playing, TC is running and frames are counting, but no output. Was there something about having running TC before loading clip, or...

Any clues? Thanks!

I had this issue a few weeks back, only happened once and ever since I've not had an issue. I had the layer set as a preset and when I re-fired the preset everything was happy again. I had two identical systems going at the same time with the exact same content and TC input, it happened on the primary but the backup didn't have the glitch, thankfully I was in program mode not show mode at the time. I chalked it up to a random issue, but created a second preset trigger based on timecode one second after the first trigger just to help avoid this in the future.

If you ever get a better answer let me know, I'd love to actually know what was going on.

The current show I'm running is a single 1920p60 output with 4 layers, 1 mix.

Im running MP 5.1 2.8GZ with 8GB ram, 2 SSD (one content, one OS), Cat 466b.

3. hi

I tend to make a 'preload' preset with the layer set up and in In Frame playmode. Then just before the cue is due to play, fire a second preset putting the layer into SMPTE playback mode.

See if that helps

Nev.
    Nev Bull
    Pixels Plus Limited
    Digital Video Services

Catalyst Software - Upgrades - Server Hardware - Accessories - Training - Support

t: +44 (0)1494 858151
    e: nev@pixelsplus.co.uk
    w: www.pixelsplus.co.uk