Thread: sync between 2 led controllers

sync between 2 led controllers

Hello, I'm a catalyst operator working in Italy.
    I' working with a ledwall installation with 18 by 7 SGM LS-3.75 module, crontolled by two MCTRL-610 led controller (one for the left part and one for the rigth part)connected to Catalyst by a datapath x4.
    When I play normal video at 25fps the entire ledwall seem to be in perfect sync but when I open an SDI camera live feed on the ledwall I can notice a problem of sync between the two sides of the LED.

There is a way to sync the two led controller?
    Thank you in advance

Hi there. The MCTRL-610 is a Novastar LED controller. Although Novastar are probably the best of the Chinese processor manufacturers, the controller you are using is one of their low end controllers. It seems idiotic of SGM to sell a hi-res 3.75mm LED product with a cheap 'my first LED controller', albeit one made by one Novastar. Lighting companies trying to do LED panels. Fools. LED is the darkest of arts.

There is no way you can synchronise two processors together. You need decent processors to do this and they cost $$$. What are you running your video input at?

Hugh

You can sync your screens only with an external device. We use the Datapath x4. You connected onle one DVI to Catalyst on Datapath, use one submix. And the output x4 is sent to the transmitting sender card(not scree processor input!). The datapath is necessary to put the same resolution and frequency at the output(for sync). If your sender card is understood signal triple2go you can use it. It is cheaper.
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    You can sync your screens only with an external device. We use the Datapath x4. You connected onle one DVI to Catalyst on Datapath, use one submix. And the output x4 is sent to the transmitting sender card(not scree processor input!). The datapath is necessary to put the same resolution and frequency at the output(for sync). If your sender card is understood signal triple2go you can use it. It is cheaper.
    Hi test, thank you for your answer.

The output of the datapath are frame locked each other (green led) and also the input is frame locked with the output.

At the moment I'm using two keystone submix in offset, one for the left part and one for the right part. So its better to use only one submix spanned to the two datapath output?

Time ago I had a similar problem of sync with SDI camera input but that time I was using only one output of the datapath splitted to the two led controller.
    2015-09-22 10.48.31.jpg. Also that time 25fps video was in perfect sync but SDI camera were not. So maybe its not a problem of datapath output sync

Quote Originally Posted by Spam Butterfly View Post
    Hi there. The MCTRL-610 is a Novastar LED controller. Although Novastar are probably the best of the Chinese processor manufacturers, the controller you are using is one of their low end controllers. It seems idiotic of SGM to sell a hi-res 3.75mm LED product with a cheap 'my first LED controller', albeit one made by one Novastar. Lighting companies trying to do LED panels. Fools. LED is the darkest of arts.

There is no way you can synchronise two processors together. You need decent processors to do this and they cost $$$. What are you running your video input at?

Hugh
    Hi Spam, ledwall is a 2432x896px, I'm sending from catalyst to datapath input a 2560x1024px and I get to datapath output two 1280x1024.

So its better to use only one submix spanned to the two datapath output?
    Yes of couse!

Your problem is most likely is that you miss your signal through LED processors. They do not sync together. Try to start the video with fast motion, and you're likely to see a tearing.
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    Yes of couse!

Your problem is most likely is that you miss your signal through LED processors. They do not sync together. Try to start the video with fast motion, and you're likely to see a tearing.
    I don't have led processor, I have two MCTRL-610 that are ledwall sending units.

So I will try to make a single submix and see what happens.

Thank you test, I will write news as soon.