Thread: Timing percentage, graphics percentage?

Timing percentage, graphics percentage?

Hey everyone,
    Kinda been wondering this for a while, but what does the timing percentage readout on the web server and such actually mean?
    I was having an issue where a client said the playback seemed like it was in slow motion. I logged into the machine and the only thing I could see that seemed off was the timing was reading 207%. Not sure if this is typical with dual display or not.
    Also graphics percentage was at 207%, curious what this means as well.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 5th Element View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Kinda been wondering this for a while, but what does the timing percentage readout on the web server and such actually mean?
    I was having an issue where a client said the playback seemed like it was in slow motion. I logged into the machine and the only thing I could see that seemed off was the timing was reading 207%. Not sure if this is typical with dual display or not.
    Also graphics percentage was at 207%, curious what this means as well.
    Thanks!
    graphics 207% means your graphics is taking twice the amount of time available to render one frame - needs to be less than 80%
    so its going to be slow
    so you have to find out exactly what your client is doing and intends to do

Well, it is just cross fades between things, I haven't noticed a problem visually, but what can be done to make this better? I don't really want to reduce the quality, New mac pro, 6 core, dual 700s, is playing back two 2560 x 1600 jpgs at the same time. Would rendering as 1 frame video files work better? Using pro res 422 LT for everything that is video. If I do it as video files, should the play mode still be play looping forward or is that also going to cause a problem and I should just use inframe?
    Thanks!

Well, it is just cross fades between things, I haven't noticed a problem visually, but what can be done to make this better? I don't really want to reduce the quality, New mac pro, 6 core, dual 700s, is playing back two 2560 x 1600 jpgs at the same time. Would rendering as 1 frame video files work better? Using pro res 422 LT for everything that is video. If I do it as video files, should the play mode still be play looping forward or is that also going to cause a problem and I should just use inframe?
    Thanks!
    whats you screen setup?
    what size and refresh rate?

what you mean playing back two 2560x1600 jpgs - loading still images?

Screen setup is two 2560x1600 outputs going to X4s.
    60 hz refresh.
    So it loads two 2560x1600 jpgs at the same time. The system is set up to cross fade between videos and still images every 5 minutes or so. Controlled by grandma2.
    The videos run fine and I can't see anything visibly weird when images are loaded but I would like to make it as. Optimal as possible.

Screen setup is two 2560x1600 outputs going to X4s.
    60 hz refresh.
    So it loads two 2560x1600 jpgs at the same time. The system is set up to cross fade between videos and still images every 5 minutes or so. Controlled by grandma2.
    The videos run fine and I can't see anything visibly weird when images are loaded but I would like to make it as. Optimal as possible.
    you might just be looking at the load time for the jpgs - not any problem-
    with still images only the load time is shown- and it stays static- movies when playing update stats on every frame - stills only for load