Thread: Audio playback issue

Audio playback issue

I'm having intermittent problems with a small number of clips using audio for a show. The odd clip is either refusing to play or is seizing shortly after cueing. However, it's not all the time (it's been about 4/5 shows out of a eight week tour so far). Initially my workaround was to seperate the audio completely onto a 16x16 pixel black squares which have then used as a master layer to keep the video in sync, but I'm still having the odd same problem (I've just seen it myself during a rehearsal).
    All the clips are rendered using ProRes proxy codec with audio set to 16-bit little Endian, 48.000khz.
    I'm running Catalyst m466B on OS10.9.5 on a Mac Pro 5.1, both QuickTime x and 7 are installed. I also reformatted the ssd trying to sort it out. Audio is output via a motu 828. Video is being sent to a datapath x4 set to 2048x1536 @ 50htz. Framerate of catalyst is locked to Screen 2 div 2 (which it says is 24.99Hz).

I'm guessing there's an issue with QuickTime but I'm running out of solutions.

Clearing all the layers seems to fix the issue for the rest of the show.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Barret

Are some clips working?
    And some clips not working?

You trying to set inpoint and out points on cue?

You send me PDF profile?

Hi Richard
    The in and outs are programmed on some of the clips but not all. It's really random.
    I've installed the show at a new venue today - it was fine on all clips but the final one, which I've now stripped out the audio and put it on the main audio playback machine but I've just sat through the first half of the show and two other clips didn't work. It's not consistent, but when it happened tonight I applied an audio file to a layer and let it play on preset 42 which was fine, then when I changed the play mode to any of the audio play settings the file just wouldn't start.
    One clip play for a few frames then stopped. It's driving me mad.
    I rerendered the audio clips today using a different codec and made sure the machine booted in 32bit mode.
    I'll get the profile when the show's finished and get it to you ASAP.

How long you waiting between loading movies?
    Loading in inframe ?
    And changing to play audio?

You loading in inframe playmode - then changing to play audio after a delay?

There's only one sequence that is working like this - the clip is loaded and played with audio playback from the first frame (as a full preset) then a 2 more ques alters the in an out points to playback various sections of the same clip with a good few seconds between - it was a workaround to use a edited version of the clip after the director changed the timing once the show was running.
    The other audio clips play the entirety of their lengths and are simply set as presets to load and play on que

You always loading movies in inframe mode?

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    You always loading movies in inframe mode?
    We have the same issue,.. And we not use inframe or outframe.

But it is intermitent, sometimes so happen, sometimes don't.

Gian
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

you loading movies in inframe mode? then waiting? before playing the movies?
    you using dmx to program cues?
    show your exact cue states for cues to start movie playback.

e.g.
    cue 1 does this ...
    cue 2 does this...