Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General controllers guide

General controllers guide

Снимок экрана 2015-02-13.pngSomebody knows how it works general controllers?
    Nosce te ipsum

and one more question , is it possible to control the catalyst by osc? I connected my ipad and Catalyst sees commands osc, but I can not figure out what to do next .
    Nosce te ipsum

osc has no standard - nothing is defined to do anything
    its entirely up to apps what they do-
    even different osc apps dont work the same way- they send and create osc commands in different ways -

which app you try?

general controllers are blocks of controllers that can be used to control some features in exact maps-
    some users are using hundreds of these things to move complex shapes around-

Thank you for your reply! I understood how to operate general controllers. To work with OSC, I used the IPAD and the program TouchOSC. I see that the catalyst takes OSC commands, but don't know what to do next. Is it possible to manage some settings using TouchOSC(presets, cuelist, etc...)?Снимок экрана 2015-02-20.png
    Nosce te ipsum

simple touch osc patch

preset and layer control-
    Attached Files Attached Files

Any way of getting feedback from Catalyst to TouchOSC ? Or am I missing something ?

Best,
    Ingi Bekk

Quote Originally Posted by ingibekk View Post
    Any way of getting feedback from Catalyst to TouchOSC ? Or am I missing something ?

Best,
    Ingi Bekk
    there are thousands of parameters in catalyst - updating 25 times a second... - when you have a few layers - outputting them over OSC is not viable - it quickly becomes thousands of updates required per second
    OSC is incredibly inefficient way of keeping track of parameters-
    OSC uses UDP - UDP is unreliable- packets can be dropped - hubs will get swamped by UDP traffic in updating parameters-

you can get status using my http commands - and stack them all into one - which is a much more effiicient AND reliable way - if anyone would want to track state

OSC is just about ok - for things like midi controllers - when you have a handful of devices - working at low rates - but not for full on app status.

Thank you for the information! I realized all parameters except update the library and switching fullscreen? Is it possible to do it via OSC?
    Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    Thank you for the information! I realized all parameters except update the library and switching fullscreen? Is it possible to do it via OSC?
    Would you mind sharing the list of commands ?

Best,
    Ingi Bekk