Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: v5 - n546 - rev 5 - 6 output on new mac pro

Quote Originally Posted by blamelewis View Post
    Yeah, 10.10.2

The system was:
    - two PTDX100 projectors fed out of Thunderbolt ports via apple MiniDP to VGA adaptors
    - programming monitor out of another Thunderbolt port and sent to an Adderlink X200 KVM
    - Decklink Intensity Extreme capturing HDMI into a further Thunderbolt port
    thanks-
    please email me pdf profile from catalyst- running this version
    it contains the crash logs-

please try n546 - it reduces memory use which seems to help flashing and glitching in low memory conditions

Hi Richard,

can you explain how work "pseudo genlock" for phoenix input1

thanks

yves

Quote Originally Posted by luluyves View Post
    Hi Richard,

can you explain how work "pseudo genlock" for phoenix input1

thanks

yves
    it steps to next playback frame at time of sdi frame

5. What are you using for hard drives in this setup? What video resolution and codec are you testing at?
    Tyler Roach
    Eclipse Creativity, Inc.

6. So i blew up my first Mac Pro. Literally killed it with 4 screens looping 4K video for 24 hrs. On to #2. One think that i am seeing now that i am using the star tech active adaptors is that the screens do not ID correctly in the Catalyst software. For example Screen 1 is mapped to screen 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, and 4 to 4. If i switch 2 & 3 in the catalyst software they both now want to work on screen 2 and i can't assign anything to screen 3. I have tried a new set of preferences with no luck. I would think with the way you have set this up you wanted to allow us to fix a bad screen assignment by an easy software swap.
    Tyler Roach
    Eclipse Creativity, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerr View Post
    So i blew up my first Mac Pro. Literally killed it with 4 screens looping 4K video for 24 hrs. On to #2. One think that i am seeing now that i am using the star tech active adaptors is that the screens do not ID correctly in the Catalyst software. For example Screen 1 is mapped to screen 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, and 4 to 4. If i switch 2 & 3 in the catalyst software they both now want to work on screen 2 and i can't assign anything to screen 3. I have tried a new set of preferences with no luck. I would think with the way you have set this up you wanted to allow us to fix a bad screen assignment by an easy software swap.
    dont change screens assignment in catalyst - it doesn't work

all screen setup and assignment needs to be done without catalyst running-
    as OS makes all sorts of hidden changes

all screen setup and assignment is done by OS - in whatever order it chooses - not me - i can't control any of this

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    allow us to fix a bad screen assignment by an easy software swap
    you just can't do this! OS controls everything

9. Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    you just can't do this! OS controls everything
    Then what are these values for? Use Display Index 1 - 4

Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 6.55.47 PM.png
    Tyler Roach
    Eclipse Creativity, Inc.

10. And actually now that i had dumped my prefs and started fresh i can put screen 1 into full screen twice, screen 2 once, screen 3 once, and i can't go to full screen at all on screen 4. Unless of course i mess with those settings....
    Tyler Roach
    Eclipse Creativity, Inc.