Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: v5 - n546 - rev 5 - 6 output on new mac pro

Hybrid View

Article: v5 - n546 - rev 5 - 6 output on new mac pro

v5 - n546 - rev 5 - 5th march 2015

40 layers - added more to test more
    reduced memory usage - seems to fix tearing and glitching - which seems to have been caused by low memory conditions -
    experimental pseudo genlock for phoenix input 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kc18q70tpjspqda/n546.dmg?dl=0
    password lenon

v5 - n543

[ link removed ]

try to fix full screen windows overlap
    more reporting in pdf profile

v5 - n541

[download link removed]

there is a 'new mac pro screen wrangle' menu - in the debugHUD in stats HUD-
    medium setting seems to stop new mac pro movie playback frame glitching -this in most scenarios…. when the HUD is on mac desktop screen 1 -

this version has been tested with 1 to 6 outputs- identical 1080p50 screens- MDP2DVIMM6BS

and it also does 11520x1080 movie playback - 6x1080p movies-
    i increased the maximum movie size to 14m pixels to do this
    so 6000x2000 or 4000x3000 sizes also work
    width should be a multiple of 16 - in order to get best performance-

reduced maximum layers and mixes to 32 - 10.9.5+ - seems to not like too many movies - still testing

Compatibility-
    Intel macs 10.6.8 - 10.9.x ( 3rd party video input drivers not working in 10.10 - feb 2015 )

Thanks Richard, look forward to trying it out.

Tim

...and it's crashing on launch

Details:
    - I *can* open n525
    - n541 crashes at the "Loading: ColourFX" stage, just after the popup to allow network connections (a setting that's never remembered by the way, on any version I've used recently I get asked this at every launch - but that's a tangent!)
    - System is a maxed out Late 2013 Mac Pro running 10.10.2 (it also crashed under 10.10.1 - I upgraded to 10.10.2 then tried again)
    - Console log attached

CatalystPM 5.02_n541_HD_2015-02-14-221144_tincan.crash.zip

Thanks for any advice...

Tim

"allowing network connections" - and any tangent settings - nothing to do with me- you have some third party network filter installed? littlesnitch? apple firewall?

your computer is not returning any EDID information - so what screens you have attached? what graphics card?

Quote Originally Posted by blamelewis View Post
    just after the popup to allow network connections (a setting that's never remembered by the way, on any version I've used recently I get asked this at every launch - but that's a tangent!)
    run etrecheck from
    http://etresoft.com/etrecheck
    to see if you have any extensions installed to block networking

report looks like this...
    EtreCheck version: 2.1.8 (121)
    Report generated 13 February 2015 21:06:48 GMT
    Download EtreCheck from http://etresoft.com/etrecheck

Click the [Click for support] links for help with non-Apple products.
    Click the [Click for details] links for more information about that line.

Hardware Information: ℹ️
    MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012) (Technical Specifications)
    MacBook Air - model: MacBookAir5,1
    1 2 GHz Intel Core i7 CPU: 2-core
    8 GB RAM
    BANK 0/DIMM0
    4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz ok
    BANK 1/DIMM0
    4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz ok
    Bluetooth: Good - Handoff/Airdrop2 supported
    Wireless: en0: 802.11 a/b/g/n
    Battery Health: Normal - Cycle count 614

Dear Richard, congratulations for all the job and improvements you are making. Last week I used Beta 2 with Exact Mapper for a show and found very useful improvements. Will try Beta 4 asap.
    Have happy projections,
    Wodie

www.wodielite.com
    Mexico City, Mexico

...and it's crashing on launch

Details:
    - I *can* open n525
    - n541 crashes at the "Loading: ColourFX" stage, just after the popup to allow network connections (a setting that's never remembered by the way, on any version I've used recently I get asked this at every launch - but that's a tangent!)
    - System is a maxed out Late 2013 Mac Pro running 10.10.2 (it also crashed under 10.10.1 - I upgraded to 10.10.2 then tried again)
    - Console log attached

CatalystPM 5.02_n541_HD_2015-02-14-221144_tincan.crash.zip

Thanks for any advice...

Tim
    you have firewall turned on?

I do, and would expect the OS to remember I've given Catalyst permission for network connections... It doesn't seem to remember though as the same dialogue appears each time... However I've turned the OS firewall off for now while the machine's on a show.

I've been able to launch n541 (and I'm about to try n543 too) but have found a weird yellow flickering on movie playback (though not always) - is that the display glutting you're talking about in the original post? I've yet to look at the debugHUD to see if that solves it... The files are PrRes 422, in case that's relevant.

Cheers!

Tim

I do, and would expect the OS to remember I've given Catalyst permission for network connections... It doesn't seem to remember though as the same dialogue appears each time... However I've turned the OS firewall off for now while the machine's on a show.

I've been able to launch n541 (and I'm about to try n543 too) but have found a weird yellow flickering on movie playback (though not always) - is that the display glutting you're talking about in the original post? I've yet to look at the debugHUD to see if that solves it... The files are PrRes 422, in case that's relevant.

Cheers!

Tim
    you using 10.10?

debug HUD isnt yellow flashing-
    thats some kindof memory leak in quicktime - unresolved

Yeah, 10.10.2

I've been trying all the flavours of v5 that I've had today but all are proving unstable with the setup for this show - so I've reverted to the v4 version 466 and all seems to be working fine with that...

The system was:
    - two PTDX100 projectors fed out of Thunderbolt ports via apple MiniDP to VGA adaptors
    - programming monitor out of another Thunderbolt port and sent to an Adderlink X200 KVM
    - Decklink Intensity Extreme capturing HDMI into a further Thunderbolt port

and after initially all setting up fine I started experiencing crashes - and those yellow playback flashes (the crashes weren't simultaneous with the yellow flashes, they seemed to be separate issues - the app began to crash seemingly at random, usually not long after launch.

- so I tried various things: swapping in different v5 builds into the same folder and launching (to preserve the presets I'd programmed etc.) and then in case that was contributing to the trouble I built a completely new show from scratch - but this too began crashing.

so eventually I dug out a dual head and switched to m466 and all seems well... feels like the old fashioned way

Sorry I haven't more detail for the crashes - heading into tech so it's just about making it work now But I could post another console / crash log if it's useful?