Thread: 4 outputs from Mac Pro

Hybrid View

I did make use of both thunderbolt to Dvi and thunderbolt to vga - could that be it?!
    I'll have to wait until after Xmas to find out

ok index I referred to is found in the attached image, yes you can definitely have four outputs. My screenshot shows 3 because I only had three displays connected when I took the screenshot.

You said you were using the new mac pro? it's best not to use the HDMI connector (it counts as a passive connector on bus 0), use all adaptors spread across the three busses.
    You need to use active adaptors, but as the OS is showing four displays I guess you're doing that. You can have one passive adaptor, (the apple thunderbolt to VGA are passive) but I would recommend making them all active.

The only active adaptor from Apple is the dual link DVI one, which is an expensive road to go down. I use the sapphire ones, they seem to do the job.

Catalyst picks up the resolutions from the OS, so it's kinda weird that it should display a different resolution.

Looks like you're not mirroring as you say?.

Currently I'm sitting in the middle of the countryside enjoying some southern hemisphere sun with a beersie beside me, so can't hook up multiple monitors and check if setting output 2 to the same index as output 1 changes the display of the resolution?. (I don't think it does) obviously each output should have its own index number.

Do you get four independent displays outside of Catalyst? can you drag a finder window through all four monitors for example?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Kenah
    Catalyst Expert