Thread: 3d Model real world usage

3d Model real world usage

I've been tinkering with the 3d model option since the new beta with varying results (mainly the UV's not working as expected sometimes)

However, I was wondering how people are generally using this option or more specifically - if the 3d model has been used to accurately map onto a real object (of the same shape). The examples in the 'Models' setup in Libraries would suggest this is the intention

My tests seem to make me think this isn't really possible due to subtleties required for lens differences etc but it would be interesting if anyone has had decent results.
    Last edited by Barret; 02-10-2015 at 10:13 PM.

It's a year later and this question has arrived again - anyone Use the 3d model to map onto objects??

I have tried it, and it does work to some degree but usually I end up having to do some combination of a curved mix inside the model faces to tweak it to account for lens/distance distortion.
    There are probably easier ways to achieve the goal, depending on the situation.
    Most useful way I have used model mixes is to design you stage in 3D and use the mix options to preview your content on the surfaces and see what it looks like.
    You can also do this with the CTIP tool and MA3D together and get the lights in there as well so that is my preferred route.