Paul, thank You for quick answer, and sorry for my delay.
Because our company plans to upgrade to catalyst v5, both hardware and software, in near two-three months, I began to experiment with it.
So before I've asked help, I've did exactly what You've encouraged me to do: I've downloaded and tried v5. Something went wrong and I didn't get any image in mix-window, therefore the questions have arisen.
Now I've managed with it in some measure, I can get image in mix-window.
Moreover I keep on experiments using information from Barret's thread:
http://pixelmad.tv/showthread.php?p=11924#post11924

So some next new questions have emerged.
Could You answer them, please?
Or should I ask my dealer for such questions?

- Why does option "current" in parameter "image source" work different way in template-building-pannel(left pannel) and in preview-pannel (right pannel) of MixMap window. It seems like with this option chosen in left pannel I can see in current, i.e. that in which this template has been chosen, mix window composition of those layers which patched to current mix. But in preview pannel with "current" chosen in "source" field I see something like, I don't know yet exactly, but very similar to, last frame from mix1 window.
Is it by design and important for working with v5? And then, should I know and understand something about it that I don't yet?
Or it isn't important,therefore I shouldn't worry about it and should concentrate at some more important things ?

- In earlier versions of catalyst there was some restriction of using DMX/Artnet feature without dongle.
So, Is it posibl to control map variables through "curved points" or "general controllers" that in turn controlled by DMX/Artnet without v5 dongle?

Thank You in advance.