Thread: Presets triggering multiple Machines

Presets triggering multiple Machines

Is there a way to program a preset or cue on 1 machine that triggers other machines?

Also, in the remote tab of Layers, when I select another machine and change settings it always affects the local machine instead of the one I thought I would be changing.

Thanks for the help, I have been a catalyst user for a while, but until now have only been using 1 machine.

Chad

2. hi Chad

Using the Remote button at the top of the Catalyst Control Window, you can enable Send Remote Preset Command on the local machine and Accept Remote Preset Command on the remote machine.

Then, when you trigger Preset 1 on the local machine, whatever you have programmed into Preset 1 on the remote machine will trigger.

Not that I've ever used it, but form what I remember, the display on the Remote tab only shows what is happening on the remote machine, it does not affect it, just for monitoring. Could be wrong!

Nev.
    Nev Bull
    Pixels Plus Limited
    Digital Video Services

Catalyst Software - Upgrades - Server Hardware - Accessories - Training - Support

t: +44 (0)1494 858151
    e: nev@pixelsplus.co.uk
    w: www.pixelsplus.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by NevBull View Post
    hi Chad

Not that I've ever used it, but form what I remember, the display on the Remote tab only shows what is happening on the remote machine, it does not affect it, just for monitoring. Could be wrong!

Nev.
    Correct! You other than triggering presets you can't control multiple catalyst machines from a catalyst machine, only view values. If you need to control multiple machines it's advised that you control via artnet using a DMX console of some kind such as a hog, ma etc.

If you only need to trigger presets you can also set preset IDs for each machine, and point at a preset on a machine with a specific ID from the cuelist on a local machine. But the programming of each preset must be on that remote machine.
    Paul Kenah
    Catalyst Expert