Thread: Catalyst v5 The Unofficial Guide

Threaded View

Thanks - Display Indexes

Hi Paul, a hearty thank you for the book which has just helped me fix a thing I couldn't get my head around...

I'll spell it out in case anyone else is searching for help with the same issue:

- I had attached multiple displays to my Mac Pro (two projectors and a programming monitor)
    - Outputs 1 and 2 were both appearing in the same place - my programming monitor - so pressing A would go to full screen on this, but pressing D would *also* bring up a full screen for output two on the monitor (and not - as I'd expected - on one of the two attached projectors)
    - One of the two projectors did get a signal - from Output 3.

- The fix was to distribute the Display Index numbers from the dropdown menu next to each output - so the programming monitor is now Display Index 1, and the two projectors have Display index 2 and 3 respectively.

I had one question which was what's the mechanism behind this - the projector that did get a signal (from output 3) was also assigned to Display Index 1 at first - so can each of the Display Indexes cope with two outputs? Is there any mapping between these and the Thunderbolt buses on the Mac Pro?

Thanks again Paul and also to anyone who can shed any light on the question above.

Best

Tim

Edited to add:

I found my way to the answer with the aid of this thread: http://samsc.co/showthread.php?2384-...=display+index
    - however the thumbnails / images aren't showing up so I couldn't see Paul's picture of the Display Indexes in the reply he made mentioning them - so I looked in the book!
    - not sure what's up with the images not appearing?
    T.
    Last edited by blamelewis; 14-02-2015 at 09:37 PM. Reason: add info