Thread: Model Screen

Model Screen

How does the Model Screen Type of mix work ?

does someone have any idea ?

Hi Pascal,

in the Mixes panel select mix type model screen in the type pop options at the top of the mix options window and then at the bottom of the window at Model screen Options select the model you want to work with(by default this says no model but for example select the cube obj

That patches your your model into a mix. Patch a layer to the mix and choose some media so you can see how it is mapped (layer 1 for example)

Then in the libraries pane select the models tab and again choose the model you want to work with from the drop down tab.

Set your camera view
    Tip
    If you click On the groups cog you can show the xyz axes to better visualise

Map your texture to the model or model groups
    In the display drop down in groups select layer 1 or whichever layer or mix you want to use as a texture
    You probably want to flip winding in the texture controls unless you are "inside" your model.
    You can then select texture mapping from texture controls.

Try this with the onboard models first, but you can import custom 3d obis into the model folder in the resources in the catalyst package contents

You can use a program like C4d, strata Lightwave or even sketch up to make uv mapped 3d objects

hope that helps screen grab attached..
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Hi, I can't control intensity and other layer parameters when I use Model Screen with a file.obj....
    Someone can help me? I'm trying to use a model to have a mix with a live inside on the model...
    I've also tryed the other way using visual fx model...I've created a folder with inside my model, but when I call it by visual fx, nothing appear.

I followed the instructions of Richard and what I found on the Unofficial Guide catalyst 5.

Thanks a lot

Paco Toscano
    Last edited by idoru; 18-09-2015 at 06:18 AM.

5. I need to have 3 live input opened in 3 mixes that have a shape based on 3 alphabetic letters. First time I've thought to use the exact map option, but I've got not enough time to build them.
    So I've choosen to use screen model mix option and it works good....but there is something I can't focus.....
    When I choose (in model panel window) to assign mix on my object, nothing appeares on it...otherwise when I choose to assign layer to my object, I see media I've coosen in layer mapped on my object, but I can't control intensity, color, or other layer parameters...
    I've tested it in stand alone mode, but I need to control layer by dmx consolle....

Any suggest?

Paco Toscano