Thread: Mapping slices

Threaded View

Mapping slices

I keep coming back to a problem I first tried to sort last year - I'm using the keystone option on a multitude of mixes to map the content over a complex set of which the surfaces I'm projecting onto are all varied sizes.
    Previously, to get this to work as easily as possible when touring, I had to go through the process of rendering out the artwork for each surface separately so that when I then drop the artwork in it will fit the mix corners exactly. However the rendering is extremely time consuming and due to having to assign at least two layers to each mix eats away at the layers I can assign.

Is theres a way of working more in the way of Madmapper? i.e I have a rendered montage of all the artwork on layers 1 and 2, for example, and then pipe this through to all the mixes which I then just shift the image around in the mix to reveal the artwork i need for that projected surface? Or to put it another way to take slices out of the main artwork

To initially answer my own question - I know this is possible quite easily to assign the artwork to any mix, and then to move the artwork around within the mix but the process of trying to get the artwork accurately scaled to the different mixes of different ratios is a nightmare. I'm hoping theres an option that keeps the aspect ratio to the original format one I assign the keystone option to the mix, but I'm overlooking it.

Looking over the forum I can't help but wonder if the elusive 'exact mapping' feature that has been mentioned in a couple of threads can do this - is that the case? and if so is there a chance I could give it a try?

Barret

m466 on Mavericks
    Last edited by Barret; 16-06-2014 at 03:55 PM.