Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citp

I would really like to see CITP become a feature as well. I keep hearing about how it's a pain on this forum, but I have not had this experience. I think it seems to work pretty well. Are people suggesting it is a pain to implement or to use?
    If it's just a pain to use, then I think a simple thing would just be to add in an on/off switch for it. Then you can use it if you want to or just leave it off.

The thing that really has me excited about it again is seeing the new implementation on GrandMA 3d. I deal almost exclusively with MA, and I know a lot of cat users are typically Hog for some reason, but that is OK, I don't hold it against them.
    Using CTIP with MA 3d, now you can visualize your content with your lighting rig on the same program in semi *real time* on a free program. It is very very cool. You can do all the cool camera moves, etc.. and the fact I can do it with my POS arkaos system and not my nice catalyst rig is a huge bummer.
    I have been getting emails and calls about this since MA version 3 came out asking if we can do this on some shows coming up and I don't know what to tell them? Rent an Mbox?
    +10 for adding this into catalyst.

Web Server

I agree, and please do not misunderstood my point. It would be nice to add CITP to Catalyst and set an ON/OFF switch, but what about MA to implement an ON/OFF switch for web server? It wold be really easy. As a coder, Web Server takes about 50 lines of code. CITP took me about 1000 lines of code. Network traffic decrease about 25% and that is heavy for big rigs.
    Have happy projections,
    Wodie

www.wodielite.com
    Mexico City, Mexico

oh for sure, I wouldn't necessarily even run it on a large show, but I would definitely like to use it for pre-program situations.
    You can import images into MA in bulk now, so theoretically you could put all the images from the catalyst thumbnail folder in the image folder, import them and write some crazy macro to assign it to gobo presets.... I was working on this for the last version 2.9.1.1, but there wasn't command line for assigning images to presets. I still don't think there is.

There is a web server folder in the onPC version of GrandMA2, It appeared also in 2.9 I think but it basically didn't do anything. I now see more functions in there and they are taking suggestions. I am not a programmer at all, so I wouldn't even know what to tell them.

Maybe worth taking a look, also, I would love to try out your program for catalyst if it's possible.

For those that would like to try the new CITP feature on MA2 v3 like MSEX-StFr I found this on the web. I am just downloading MA to try it. It can complement the program I made to get thumbnails. I hope Users help to persuade MA to implement WebServer, it is simpler and faster.
    Have happy projections,
    Wodie

www.wodielite.com
    Mexico City, Mexico

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a MBox dongle to check it out. Not a bad system. It talks very well with my MA2 Command Wing and my MA3D system using the CITP feature??..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Matt Mills
    Lighting Programmer Inc.
    www.lightingprogrammer.com

I guess CITP will never make it....
    Have a look at the other postings and the comments Richard made.

Just wanted to say I have been working with this and it works great! I was using m466 and Mavericks 10.9.5
    Thumbnail exchange was solid even for a full HD of 480 GB of clips.
    MSEX quality was better than I have seen in other applications and looked really nice in MA3D. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants this functionality. Also seemed really low on resource use, like 0.5% CPU.
    Nice tutorials for setup too.

Thanks Thomas,