Thread: No curved screen on 2nd screen

No curved screen on 2nd screen

I am having a rather large problem where I cannot get the curved screen to output anything besides a white box on the second screen on my system. I have three screens and 6 projectors --- two projectors for each screen at about a 30 degree angle. So I have to have the curved screen option to set the mix parameters to blend the two signals together. Here is a summary of the environments and things I have tried:

Mac Pro, 10.8.4. 64GB RAM, dual 5770's with Triple Head to Go's, dual hex core Xeon and 2TB SSD's. Mix 3, 4 and 5 are output to Screen 1 on each side of the triple head, 6, 7 and 8 are on screen 2's triple head. Layers 1-10 are assigned to mixes 3 and 6, 11-20 are mixes 4 and 7 and 21-30 are mixes 5 and 8.

All mixes are meant to be set in Catalyst and then have their content controlled by a MagicQ system --- and that works great with mixes 3-5.

Basically, any time that mixes 6-8 are set to the second screen they turn into white boxes in the output AND on the layers display. If I set them to appear on the first screen they work just fine. I can warp and set all the options of the mix, but the output will always be a white box.

If I swap the triple head for screen 2 it doesn't make a difference, and the behavior occurs in remote monitoring sessions as well. Also occurs when the outputs are connected to regular computer monitors.

I am just plain stumped on this one and would really like to get something happening because out show is in a few days and I need the extra pop of the second projector.

Thanks in advance for any help! Please let me know if I can gather any screenshots. I'll be posting some shortly as I grab them.
    landy@ljb2of3.net

Screen shots

This imgur album contains some screen shots to illustrate the problem:

http://imgur.com/a/Lt6Bg

Linked images:

landy@ljb2of3.net

Unfortunately I got the answer...maybe it was common knowledge but I just now found out that you can't use a second video card for output....so it appears I'll be looking for a card that I can use to make this work.

Thanks,
    Chris
    landy@ljb2of3.net