Thread: Patch

Patch

Possible development.
    If you could make the patch in Catalyst like consoles as they do you could choose a range of devices and Catalyst do it alone.
    Would be helpful for those who manage layers, mixer (select, type, colors, curve), etc. run by console.

thanks Richard

2. Sorry - could you explain that a little clearer - I am not sure what you are meaning

Nev.
    Nev Bull
    Pixels Plus Limited
    Digital Video Services

Catalyst Software - Upgrades - Server Hardware - Accessories - Training - Support

t: +44 (0)1494 858151
    e: nev@pixelsplus.co.uk
    w: www.pixelsplus.co.uk

Nev,

i think he would like that there is a patch window like in a console.
    So that you only tell Catalyst to have like 8 layer, 8 mixes, 8 volumes, e.g. fixtures 1-24 and then could say 1 thru 24 at 1

If you have an ipad go and get the catalyst remote software you can get in the app-store... Works great and does a lot of this stuff

To make a patch average.
    In my case 20 layers , 5 Mixer "complete" ( MIx Type + Select + MIx Mix Color) and 2 Mix Curve .

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 1
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- layer 2
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 3
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 4
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 5
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 6
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 7
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 8
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 9
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 10
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 11
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 12
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 13
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 14
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 15
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 16
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 17
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 18
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 19
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 20

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer vol 1
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer vol 2
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer vol 3
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer vol 4

And up to 20 ...

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4 extended Vix fx Params 1
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4 extended Vix fx Params 2

And up to 20

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4 extended col fx Params 1
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4 extended col fx Params 2

And up to 20

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix- Layer Select 1 - 32ch
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix- Layer Select 2 - 32ch

Only 5 times ..

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix- Type 1 - 63ch
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix -Type 2 - 63ch

5 times.

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix- Color FX 1 - 9ch
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix- Color FX 2 - 9ch

5 times.

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix -Curve Points 1 - 64ch
    We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix -Curve Points 2 - 64ch

Well, sorry to have been so repetitive, but I had to illustrate the case.

If we could do it this way :

--- Fixture: Catalyst v4- layer 1
    -> Quantity : 20
    -> first DMX channel 001
    -> mode : Arnet 0 .

and already handles Catalyst do the rest.

For now only be able to do so and would be helpful .
    ( then later when this implemented already , hehe, would ask more things : intelligent control channel collision , dmx patch screen , drag and drop ... and ... ).

Regards and hope this clearer now the matter .

Eduardo Cueto

If you have a look in the XML files you can also edit your patch there.

I have the catalyst remote. This does the job for me when I setup my server.
    Have a look here:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/cata...602186586?mt=8

Agreed. Even splitting the list up into sub categories; layer, mix type, custom serial etc. would help speed things up.
    Paul Kenah
    Catalyst Expert

+1 for patching

I would love to see this also, It gets tedious doing this over and over when the options you want are way at the bottom. What XML file would need to be edited to do this faster? What is the procedure?
    While the app is nice, it doesn't allow for complicated patching. Only has a start address and it goes in order.
    Thanks!