Thread: Live Camera Cue Problem

Live Camera Cue Problem

I've just programmed a show that is triggered from midi notes to presets along the Cue list. All the cues run seamlessly except one, the only cue that enables a live camera input to fade in.
    The Cue gets fired but nothing happens, unless Catalyst is in HUD mode for this specific cue, suddenly it springs to life. I've tried to get around it by triggering the live input on a previous cue then simply fading out a layer above but still it responds the same.
    Any ideas?

It's not my system (i'll have to have a look at the full specs if it will help, including the Quicktime version) but it's an iMac running on 10.6.8, using version m329 of Catalyst. The video import device is (an old) Dazzle Hollywood Analogue to Digital convertor. The footage is 25fps and the Dazzle input comes in on a PAL signal. 4 Mixes in total.
    The sequence has layer 4 of Live input, layer 5 still image with a alpha matte (on layer 14 and using FX design) with Layer 6, another still image fading out to reveal the live input.

thanks

Barret

Probably a weird old driver issue with the dazzle...

Have you tried swapping the video input to the iMac camera and seeing if the same thing happens?

Are you running any other apps that use the camera at the same time as catalyst?
    Most (almost all) camera drivers only support one app at a time. In short - ensure that catalyst is the only app running and using the camera/dazzle

Have you saved all your settings and tried it on another Mac with different capture hardware?

Sounds odd?

S
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

Thanks for the reply Simon. I was thinking the problem was related to the dazzle box somehow.
    However, I tried the iMac camera but unfortunately the issued persisted, I ended up changing the artwork to have an alpha channel instead and bypassed using the fxdesign matte. It all worked fine after that.