Thread: new mac prro

new mac pro

Well finally a new mac pro! it seams that you wont be able to change the graphics. Personally i think it loks very interesting, especially the architecture, air floW, 6 thunderbolt outputs... and all that power in such a smal cylinder.
    http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/
    Last edited by Eric Holmberg; 16-06-2013 at 07:52 AM.

2 Firewire Pro 6GB outputs 3 x 4K. Should be OK for 1 computer...
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

Great size but the lack of user upgrade/expansion is worrying for things like SDI input cards. Also more a question for Richard I suppose is how compatible will Catalyst be with the built in graphics cards...

We seem to be managing with the current mac pro model very well so any change im sure is a long way away yet.

Excited for new possibilities for sure.

Not excited at all.... while there is alot of GPU power apple has proven that they are well capable of making a great GPU useless for us with poor driver implementation. If they have the same issues as they do currently with AMD its a bit useless to us. Also... the cooling had better be alot better than the mac mini which cannot support sustained high levels of CPU usage. This thing has 2 hot GPUs and a 12 core CPU... and finaly... to expand with video input cards we must purchase a multi thousand dollar thunderbolt expansion chassis that isnt capable of giving full use of the PCIe bus. I do like the general concept minus the lack of expansion but I am not certain this particular platform is going to be a good thing for us Catalyst users. I hope I am proven wrong!