Thread: Vectorscope Fx problem

Vectorscope Fx problem

I'm using the vectorscope effect on a show and Im having a problem with the effect changing on its own after it has been running for a while.

When I initially set up the look it works perfectly but after about 10 minutes of the effect running it changes without having touched the console or the catalyst.

I'm using Effect 255 "channel Vectorscope 1"
    Channel 0
    Param 0

Below are the before, after and a shot of the channel strip on the HUD. If anyone has any insite on why this is happening or how to prevent it please let me know.

Thanks!

Before: photo.JPG

After: photo-1.JPG

Channel Strip: photo-2.JPG

Anyone?

A bit late on the reply here sorry.
    The effect uses an audio input, so my guess would be that it is a blip in the audio setup somewhere.

Try unplugging the audio and seeing if you still get the glitch.
    Paul Kenah
    Catalyst Expert

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    A bit late on the reply here sorry.
    The effect uses an audio input, so my guess would be that it is a blip in the audio setup somewhere.

Try unplugging the audio and seeing if you still get the glitch.
    No, it has nothing to do with the physical audio connection or the audio signal itself. The problem is some sort of bug in the Catalyst software that the effect somehow times out after an effect is originally started. The only way to fix the problem is to quit Catalyst and re-open it.

I'm no longer on the tour where I found this problem but I'd love to figure out what caused it or a way to fix it if it happens in the future.

What build were you running? (m???)
    Paul Kenah
    Catalyst Expert

m119 was the most recent version that failed, before that I was running an older build but I don't remember exactly which one. I actually installed m119 in hopes that it would solve the problem I was having with the older version. I could recreate the problem constantly by setting up the effect the way I want and then leaving it for 10 or so minutes.

I could even re-create the problem by setting up the affect, then clearing the parameters and then coming back to a pre-set with the effect 10 or more minutes later and it wouldn't be working.

m119....
    Thats a very old build.
    Have a look here for newer build that will work with your dongle.
    At the moment the actual official version is m364

Sorry for the confusion. I was looking at the wrong backups. I was intact running m364 most currently on that show having changed to that version from one that was only a few builds older than that.