Quote Originally Posted by Trench117 View Post
Thanks Paul that works great.

If I now want to send a layer direct to one of those mixes I have to offset the layer to compensate for the mix offset. Is it worth setting up another set of mixes that are not offset for times when I don't want to have content across all outputs? Perhaps this is making it more complex than it needs to be.

Cheers.
It depends on how your programming and how you like to work. Catalyst is very flexible so there can be multiple ways of achieving the same result.

I usually program in a theatrical environment using a hog 3.
Using offsets means I can create positioning palettes in the hog and not have to worry about routing and de-routing mixes from layers.
However if you're programming in presets then you would understandably want a quicker way to position content on a mix, in which case creating a second set of mixes without offsets is a very viable solution. Or as Simon pointed out you can change what the offsets are storing them into a preset.

You have to experiment a bit to find what suits your programming style, system and the requirements of your production best.

Paul