I'm working on scrolling text on Fusion 672 LED battens. I created a custom 6 pixel high font and can get smooth scrolling at 25fps if I create the scrolling text in AE one pixel per frame. If I attempt to speed it up, or slow it down slightly, it ceases to be smooth scrolling. If I slow it down by half, or double the speed, then it scrolls smoothly again. I've tried creating movies at 30fps or 35fps and setting the Catalyst frame rate accordingly, but the smoothness is nothing like the 25fps. I've also just tried scrolling a PSD in Catalyst, but I can never get it to be smooth the way I can in AE. Presumably due to the limits of the x,y position stepping needed for DMX control. The fusion mapper that does the pixel mapping is a box that comes up as 1024x768 at 75hz. So I'm guessing that the 25fps works best being exactly 1/3 of 75. Any thoughts on how I can speed this up just a bit, or slow it down, just a bit, and keep it smooth? At 6 pixels and no anti-aliasing, every stutter in scrolling is noticeable.

Any help much appreciated,

Kevin