Not sure if this is where I should post this but...

I bought this kit and installed it and have to report that it rocks and works well. The kit comes with a Firmtek Seritek 1s2 card and allows you to mount 3 more drives internally right next to the big processor fans so they get plenty of cooling for $395.

It seems like the only logical place to have put the system as there is a screw for a mounting plate right on the Mac itself. I'll bet that Apple had planned this upgrade to happen in this very same spot.

Installation:
Apart from trying to get the locktite screw out to mount the mouning plate, everything was very easy and clever. One tip, make sure you have a set of allen keys as the kit takes 2 styles a 2 mill and one other size that i didn't have. The power acually comes from the ouput of a Sata drive with legacy and sata power on it. I didn't know that the legacy power connector on a Sata drive outputs power if you input using SATA power connectors, enough to power at least 3 drives. The Kit comes with all the neccessary cables for the instalation of 3 drives but if you want to install 3 drives, you must purchase an additional firmtek 1s2 card for $69.

After mounting the base plate, you mount 1 mounting plate each onto each of your drives, then mount the drive onto the base plate. The whole thing Fits like a glove at a Martha Stewart party. It's also very sturdy.

Here is an intereting note: If you plug your drives in in the wrong ports on the Firmtek card than were you had them originally, it won't boot, so keep track of which drive went where fo those of you who have a firmtek card already.

Also, the fans run more frequently.

I'm happy with my purchase.

BEST,
Christian Choi