Thread: Quartz Composer Kalleido

Quartz Composer Kalleido

Hey there

one more questions i would need some help with. We are trying to use quartz composer with a live hd sdi input into Catalyst. Whereas the internal iSight cam is working ok quartz composer will not see the HD SDI input cards. Tryed Blackmagic als well as Active Silicon.

Any idea why this might happen?

Anybody has a good idea on how to implement some custom calleidoscope effects in Cat without using Quartz?

Thanks

Thomas

Quartz will not see the Active Silicon cards, as there are no quicktime-driver, only native Catalyst-driver

I got it work with an aja LHi Card, we used that for our custom Quartz-Composer Videomachine on "Die Fantastischen Vier"

System was running in 32-bit mode, 10.6.8, also Quartz needs to run in 32-bit
    Maybe thats your problem

Thanks for the answer. As Gunther has told me a lot about your setup i already though about contacting somebody from the Fanta crew ;-)

I managed to make it work with a Blackmagic SDI Card. In SD though and pretty slow. We will give the Blackmagic Intensity Card a dry today. Some QC Forums mention this one to work nicely with Quartz.

If that will not work i will go for the AJA Card. Do you have any exprience on how the Catalyst will be able to use more then one of the inputs in the AjA Card? Will they show up as single input sources for catalyst? Or do i need to pre-select one if the inputs in the System Preferences which will then handle the rest with Catalyst and make it see only one source?

Thanks
    Thomas

No Problem Thomas.

We had Intensity Cards and the AJA LHi running at 720p 50Hz without any problems in QC.

No, the AJA LHi comes up as one input/source and you have to choose in the system preferences which Input will be used.