I'll try to explain a bit, but it's difficult to write down.

In fact both systems are more then a 'video server', since they do a lot of real-time effects with the used media.

The Eureka3D system had basically 2 layers, a background and a 3D object layer. The background and/or object could have a texture. BMP or Video file with basic color effects or sound effects. The camera view could be moved real-time in 3D and zoomed in etc...

The Maxedia goes much further. I looks like these guys in Belgium learned a lot from the previous system. Maybe that's why they changed the name of the product?
You have now 2 x 20 layers real-time in a A & B mixer.
On each layer you can modify the 3D camera, color, texture, effect, 3D object etc... and add real-time effects on them.
When you make something in the A or B mixer, you can then X-fade between them. Like you have 2 machines in one.
It's difficult to explain, you have to work with it before you realize how powerfull and smooth the images are.

The main difference in one sentence between Eureka3D and Maxedia:
Eureka3D was good for Clubs for effects, the Maxedia blows away even video pre-production companies.
I heard yesterday a story were a pre-production company in Germany lost it's deal for a TV-show this week.
Because the Maxedia did more artistic images then they did for a lot of money...