Thread: Need a Mac 101 for pixelMAD

Need a Mac 101 for pixelMAD

Hello everyone, kind of in a bind here. Can anyone help me out with a profile for a Mac 101 running in 12 channel mode? Its been so long I forget how to do it, can't seem to get it dialed in. Has anyone tried these fixtures before? Thanks for any help, Matt

Hey Matt,

You're going to need to make a custom fixture XML file and put it in the FixturesType.XML inside pixelMAD.

The bigger question is how are you planning on controlling the rest of the non-RGB parameters in the fixture (Pan, Tilt, Contol, etc)?
    Are you going to do some sort fo DMX Merge between Catalyst and your Desk?

Depending on how this happens you may find you need to set the "unused" or "desk controlled" parameters to either 0, 128, or 255 depending on how the Merge is structured (HTP vs LTP for example).

Hope this helps.
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

I am using a ELC Node 6 in dual LTP mode. Right now I have them in pixelMAD as a single RGB pixel. I did the math and addressed them to the start of each RGB parameter in the fixture. I thought that would work but the pan/tilt freaks out.

Try building a custom fixture with all 12 channels.
    First try just putting the "channel index = " values for all the channels.
    If that doesn't work, try setting "fixed output = " values to be the same as whatever the default value is coming from your Lighting Desk.

Hope this helps.
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

Interesting enough, I built a series of MAC 101 fixture models in XML to do pixel mapping. Moreover, I assigned the Pan and Tilt to Red and Green channels of a different mix and then used an algorithm to create a video file where the fractals were driving the X and Y movement.

It was a concept and never made it past C4D and ESP Vision but it did work quite nicely.

Marty's suggestion works and is most always correct. However, if you desire the remaining parameters in a DMX controller, you'll have to do the DMX separation and interception in an external device.

Even in my scenario, I had to build a DMX interceptor in MAX/MSP to sort the DMX from the two fixture types into one.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Thanks for the help guys. I got it sorted out. Ended up going with the single RGB pixel and controlling the pan tilt from the console. Looks ok.

Hey Matt, take pictures and videos. Would love to see.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised