Thread: Multichannel audio and multiple video file sync

Hybrid View

I tried running AIC but this really made things splutter - max of 10 fps according to the cat display.

I also tried the small video frame with the audio and then syncing the two full frame video clips to that - didn't work but did seem slightly better.

Perhaps catalyst just cant do it and keep it tight because of the audio priority.

As Hugh already said: ProRes is no problem today - but AIC is no longer satisfying on the quality side.

With multichannel audio I like to have a separate machine just for audio playback (or even a hard disk audio player - triggered by MMC) and add a channel for SMPTE timecode.

This timecode then acts as the sync source for all Catalyst that may need it. If there happens to be a global delay in timing you can easily adjust with the TC sync timing playback controls (found on layer in- and outpoint controls).

Because of individually running gfx cards´ clocks you might see a few retiming frames during playback - I would say like one in three minutes - but that is usually smoother then ID-syncing or free run...
    Olli
    ------
    Oliver Ranft, Aachen, Germany

Hugh, is there a big difference in hyper threading between 2009 - 2011 Macpro's and 6, 8 or 12 cores, when 6 cores have a faster processor?

Peter