Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
Simon, the MDP is Dual Link, not single Link. In fact, all Apple Devices with a Mini Display Port (including Thunderbolt) are Dual link.
Not natively with a passive adaptor - only with an active powered Dual-Link Adaptor - or if using a matrox-DP edition (not DVI version)

MBPs do work with Matrox devices just fine. I have teams running DH2G and TH2G on MBPs all the time for wide screen Keynotes we route to Spyder.
It may work - but what performance do you get running catalyst? - (not talking about keynote...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_P
MacMinis are about the same performance as MacBook Pro

Not true. The Mac Mini's have dual channel SATA, have dedicated PCI bridge, and with the addition of the discrete Video, have higher video performance.

MPBs have better performance than Minis. However, it's agreed their performance is still not substantial enough where they would reliably replace a Mac Pro Media server.

Referring to catalyst performance - it depends whay you are trying to do... Its still a lot less performance than a MacPro...

Personally - for catalyst use - I would always use a MacPro.
If I had to choose between a Mac-Mini & MacBookPro - I'd choose the cheaper Mac-Mini option

Software is freely available - so test first.!.

S