Thread: Artnet via GrandMA on PC

Artnet via GrandMA on PC

Hello.
    I'm trying to test my newer system.
    I have m364 running on a Mac Pro and OnPC running on a Win7 PC. All connected via Ethernet. The Mac is set to artnet via 2.0.0.1, subnet 255.0.0.0
    The instance of MA on PC sees this in it's DMX config. In it's Artnet config, it sees catalyst and shows the 'Hello'.

So all seems set and all seems to be reporting that all is well. Yet, when I patch 1 layer on universe 1, dmx 001, select it and raise it's dimmer, nothing. In fact, even though the GrandMA scans and finds the Catalyst with no problems, and the catalyst is patched to receive from the proper Artnet 0, etc, the OnPC is having no effect on catalyst. Even in the Stats window, it's showing nada for artnet. Any guesses?
    This should still work without a dongle, no? I'm sure I've run it via an actual console without the dongle connected before. What else would prevent the catalyst from receiving anything the onPC is sending?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!!!

Hi, just to check if you have at least a 2port node hooked up to your OnPC so that you have parameters to output through artnet. You need at least a MA device like 2port node, NSP or NPU to send output via Artnet, etc.

If you have a MA device connected, it's a different story.

It would be the same if I just set up as DMX, not art net, correct? Meaning, a 192.168.x.x address. When connected, I do see an MA hub as a device on catalyst as well as local art net. Does that mean anything to me?

Thank you for your help!

The rule of thumb is that if you want to use OnPC to control an external device be it a media server, lighting fixture or dimmer, you need to have an MA product (console, 2port node, NSP or NPU) connected so that you gain parameters (channels). Then you will be able to send dmx output to control these devices. MA does not allow you to use OnPC as a standalone control platform without any their hardware.

For example, you can set your IP address of your OnPC to 192.168.0.1 , subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and your 2port node/NSP/NPU as 192.168.0.2. Your Catalyst IP address can 2.0.0.10, subnet mask 255.0.0.0. Start a network seasion, add your 2port node/NSP/NPU to your session. Enable output via Artnet in your OnPC, you should be able to control your Catalyst.

It would be perfectly if Catalyst could listen MA-net