Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ArtNet!!!... A question for developers!!!...

ArtNet!!!... A question for developers!!!...

My friend said that he could write a program that will send the value of ArtNet channel on the Catalyst of the media player! Catalyst as we have patched the "Preset Trigger 1-1ch"! In the media player it will add a column "id" in which we enter from 1 to 255 and media player will send these values ​​to ArtNet on the Catalyst to the channel that is responsible for switching presets! So we want to realize synchronization with PC audio and video from Catalyst!

The question to developers: We will implement this idea?

why not just use SMPTE or MIDI timecode to syncronise playback between the PC and Mac?

or just embed the audio in to the catalyst video and allow catalyst to playback both...?

S
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_P View Post
    why not just use SMPTE or MIDI timecode to syncronise playback between the PC and Mac?

or just embed the audio in to the catalyst video and allow catalyst to playback both...?
    I do not have MTC generator! And if I know how to do it for midi in Catalyst, then the PC I do not know what should be the program! But in general I think that if you implement my idea, it will be much easier and faster than controlling and configured!

MIDI timecode generator is built in to catalyst

Why do you have to run sound from PC?

You could embed SMPTE timecode in one of the audio tracks on the PC and then use it to sync playback on catalyst

Don't really understand your artnet idea - but it is already possible to trigger presets from DMX/Artnnet input and also possible to output DMX/Artnet using pixelmad...

s
    Simon Pugsley

If I understand you correctly - Do you want to output a DMX channel at a particular level over artnet for each preset that is played?

You can do this using PixelMad

Use 1 layer with a white square (lib0 file 0 or 4) and send it to a very small mix window on output 1
    Then patch one pixel intensity in pixelmad that maps over the top of the very small mix window with the white square
    As you adjust the intensity level of the layer with the white square, this will change the DMX output level from 0-255

You can program this in with each preset to give a different level for each preset that is played.

S
    Simon Pugsley

MIDI timecode generator is built in to catalyst

Why do you have to run sound from PC?

You could embed SMPTE timecode in one of the audio tracks on the PC and then use it to sync playback on catalyst

Don't really understand your artnet idea - but it is already possible to trigger presets from DMX/Artnnet input and also possible to output DMX/Artnet using pixelmad...
    This is a live concert, every concert arrangement of the songs in the playlist is changed before the concert and during the concert! Artist gives the legend and includes phonogram soundman, soundman interpretation knows when and what kind of phonograms include a voice or not! For him, writing was a special program playing Phonograms! Therefore, the phonogram shall run with the PC! All tracks are 100% must be synchronized with the video! So I came up with a system that will send a signal to ArtNet Catalyst and Catalyst will run the desired preset!

I do not know what the program should be on the PC which would send a signal to the MTC Catalyst! Maybe someone can tell how it should be correctly implemented! Where can I read about it? Or what programs you can use, or any external device to use? Help please!

Sorry for bad English! )

Here are found the program QLab! It will help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    I came up with a system that will send a signal to ArtNet Catalyst and Catalyst will run the desired preset!
    Then all you have to do is patch in 'preset trigger' to catalyst

If you want the sound and video to be exactly in sync frame by frame you MUST use either MIDI or SMPTE timecode... theres no other way of doing it.

You must get the soundman to output MIDI or SMPTE timecode when he plays the relevant tracks. This will then make the sound sync with the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    I do not know what the program should be on the PC which would send a signal to the MTC Catalyst!
    This is usually built in to many sound replay programs - so it depends what your soundman is using...

If the soundman cannot output MIDI or SMPTE - then you cant sync the sound and video - and will have to rely on JUST a start trigger from artnet/DMX

Qlab won't help you...

S
    Simon Pugsley

well, if someone could tell me what program to use it to connect and what's what, and how it all set up? it is desirable that the program was for MAC! always write what you can do so through the SMPTE timecode but did not write exactly how to do it! Does not anybody that does not enjoy that so little information about it?

Qlab won't help you...

S
    Why QLab not fit? Is this nothing at all will not be able to sync Catalyst?