Hello,
I have been asked to build a small Catalyst Server system using a Mac-book Pro laptop which i have been given/lent for a short tour next year.
I am hoping to purchase Catalyst express for the event which requires me to run one/two layers of content and perhaps four universes of pixelmad as another option which we are exploring.
As i am neither a frequent Mac nor Catalyst user would anyone have basic hardware requirements for the Mac book Pro to do this.
OS/Graphics Card/RAM or any other system requirements would be appreciated.
I intend to format the Mac book HD and upgrade the RAM in any event and upgrade the OS to Lion if this is advised.
I understand i will need to convert the Artnet output to DMX for the pixelmad universes and i am taking this into account (unless i can get fixtures that accept artnet direct)

-If there is a document or anyone else has any insight i would be very appreciative,this tour does not have a huge budget so am trying to use what i have available to me rather than what would be the ideal setup in a perfect world.
These shows will run over the course of the year so i think the purchase cost will
probably be more effective than hiring different systems over the course of the year.
If i can post any further information which would help please let me know.

Kind Regards Cormac