Thread: Another FrameSync question... Plus sizing question...

Question Another FrameSync question... Plus sizing question...

Morning.
    Multiple machines, triggered via MA. Over artnet.

So, I have never needed to have multiple machines run together, frame to frame, but as of late, have had a few runs now where 2 machines, all 4 outputs total are running. Same clip, but the machines are different processors, so they run at different speeds. Shame really... they both "say" they are running the full 29.9 fps, yet they are totally out of sequence.
    Can i lock these two machines together for consistent time output?
    Also... Same clip in question... As well as others... Monday I need to run it at 156% speed to line up with the audio track. (Its not the one spitting the audio) And tuesday thru thursday it needs to run at 186%. Friday, may only need 140%...

Day to day... Same exact setup. Nothing changes. Yet it runs different speeds from one moment to the next.
    Even a few days ago... The systems went down due to some seriously bad power and a unhappy ups... Upon restart, the clip ran at another totally different speed. Took off like a bat outta hell. Was funny really... Well, not really, but you know what i mean. Frustrating funny.
    The content is the only clip running. Nothing else. One layer. One output. 2 machines. Should be "in time"

Sizing question.
    Now, I'm using a whole lotta mixes. No biggie. Lets say any of the mixes are 512 x 512 pixels. Mode is to be constrained to edge, to follow my mix size. The content created is a white square image. 512X512 pixels. Why do i need to scale it in, and screw with the aspect ratios? When i make the aspect 1. and the zoom 100% the image is too small in my window. Gotta be something stupid I'm missing here... because I've never had this problem before. Im sure the adjusting of zoom and aspect here are not helping the system and bogging down my clip as well... 24gig o ram, and it chitters sometimes on one layer...

Content is all re-created as photo-jpeg mov files.

Thanks guys!

syncing is easy, just set in on the machine with the audio playing the a sync ID on the layer, then on the machine which needs to be synced set the layer play mode "sync to" and use the ID chosen before....

depending on the version you are using you could also choose which network-port you would like to use to send/receive the sync-data

sizing question:
    if your content is 512x512 pixel and the mix as well, set the layer to "unity scale" in the visual-efx of the layer, this way your content will be played back in the exact pixelsize it was created.

Unity scale.

Thanks a million.
    Will give that a go.

Its like, whats the point of re-rendering everything to the correct size... if you can't use it for what its worth! :-)

Thanks!

here also a screenshot with sync ids
    layer 9 shows the layer on the "master" machine and layer 10 shows the layer on the "slave" machine which syncs to the master

You can do this on one machine, as well as over network with several machines.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mlorenz View Post
    here also a screenshot with sync ids
    layer 9 shows the layer on the "master" machine and layer 10 shows the layer on the "slave" machine which syncs to the master

You can do this on one machine, as well as over network with several machines.
    ooOOOOOOOoo I see now...
    I get it.

The picture makes it make much more sense to me.

Does the clip HAVE to have audio information? Is that how it syncs itself up? Not via frame number for example?

6. hiya

Sync is done by frame number - nothing to do with audio.

Nev.
    Nev Bull
    Pixels Plus Limited
    Digital Video Services

Catalyst Software - Upgrades - Server Hardware - Accessories - Training - Support

t: +44 (0)1494 858151
    e: nev@pixelsplus.co.uk
    w: www.pixelsplus.co.uk