Thread: CRASH upon opening library

Newcastle 10% ,London 70%, On the road 20%

CRASH upon opening library

Im having a strange issue that Catalyst keeps crashing every time i try and open the library window in the GUI window screen1. If i take the Catintel_Settings.xml out of the equation Catalyst is fine although obviously all of my setup is reset.
    Im using CatalystPM 4.40_m329_HD with the 32/32 dongle.

Anyone have any ideas, I've attached the XML which I've looked through but allot does not make any sense to me. If needs be i can rebuild the Project from scratch but id rather not!

Heres a link to the file as its to bg to upload:
    http://www.andy-coates.com/catnip/BL...__Settings.xml

Best

Andy

Can you send a catalyst profile - created from the catalyst menu
    and zip your show folder without the catalyst application

Have you just set this up?
    whats the history here?
    have you ever been able to open the libraries window? - if so - what changed?

can you open the library window on the other screen?
    How complex is your setup?

S
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

Newcastle 10% ,London 70%, On the road 20%
    Hi Simon, the setup was working with a few fixable issues with FX designer during a week of pre programming. As the week progressed adding in more mixes routing and patching the setup stopped behaving. Catalyst would open but whenever i went to open the library window in the GUI it would crash. Ive since tried the same setup on the clean install of 10.6.8 on the show computer which (touch wood) seems to be working ok!

Ill try and recreate the fault on the old OS when i eventually get home and get a profile, would be nice to try and figure out what was biting us!

Cheers

Andy
    Attached Files Attached Files

I had the same issue last week.. is this an official bug with 329? if so I will migrate. Will all of my xml files work ok with 364?

Quote Originally Posted by ajmaudio View Post
    I had the same issue last week.. is this an official bug with 329? if so I will migrate. Will all of my xml files work ok with 364?
    should do

On older builds I've resolved this by deleting everything except the CatIntel__Setting.xmp and CatalystPreset.txt. In worst cases, I have had to delete the CatIntel__Settings.xml which sucks but as long as everything from the mixes are stored in the CatalystPreset.txt (basically stored as presets) then I only have to reset the basic settings of Catalyst.

This could be caused by and issue with a video capture device not present on the machine you're reopening with.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
    On older builds I've resolved this by deleting everything except the CatIntel__Setting.xmp and CatalystPreset.txt. In worst cases, I have had to delete the CatIntel__Settings.xml which sucks but as long as everything from the mixes are stored in the CatalystPreset.txt (basically stored as presets) then I only have to reset the basic settings of Catalyst.

This could be caused by and issue with a video capture device not present on the machine you're reopening with.
    this thread relate to an old bug that was fixed a long time ago with visual fx designer in certain non frequent settings.

nothing to do with deleting settings

there is another bug if you move settings from a system with a phoenix card to one without a phoenix card
    these are not related