Thread: Let's hope.....

Let's hope.....

http://www.amd.com/us/products/works...latform.aspx#5

looks pretty awesome on paper... no mac support as of this release.... lets hope that changes... Something like this is long over due in the mac world... a native gpu powered sdi solution would make the catalyst so much better.... its a NEED.

I have more hope for this

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/pro...udio3d/models/

External thunderbolt box, but looks like the ultimate tool for use with Catalyst/servers in general.

I am doing a show right now with 3 servers (2 active) each using 1 TH2G and a second output each feeding 3 1080p signals into a Matrox ConvertDVI. All of which are tri-synced. Works like a charm. Not a single issue so far and been running for 2 weeks now. All going into a massive tv studio switcher.

Not the cheapest boxes available. But for getting a synced 1080i output, it works!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanww View Post
    I am doing a show right now with 3 servers (2 active) each using 1 TH2G and a second output each feeding 3 1080p signals into a Matrox ConvertDVI. All of which are tri-synced. Works like a charm. Not a single issue so far and been running for 2 weeks now. All going into a massive tv studio switcher.

Not the cheapest boxes available. But for getting a synced 1080i output, it works!
    Are you switching live video? If so what input cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandals512 View Post
    I have more hope for this

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/pro...udio3d/models/

External thunderbolt box, but looks like the ultimate tool for use with Catalyst/servers in general.
    For ingesting video perhaps, but as its not a GPU, its of no use as an output card, which is what I am referring to

Quote Originally Posted by ajmaudio View Post
    For ingesting video perhaps, but as its not a GPU, its of no use as an output card, which is what I am referring to
    I dont know the specifics as i haven't really read up on every specific of the card, but it has two HD/SD SDI outputs, and an HDMI output, and states playback on those connectors, which leads me to believe it is a Video output device.

Each of these servers on my show have an Aja Kona 3g card for input. Works well. Measured 3 frames of delay between input and display. Not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandals512 View Post
    I dont know the specifics as i haven't really read up on every specific of the card, but it has two HD/SD SDI outputs, and an HDMI output, and states playback on those connectors, which leads me to believe it is a Video output device.
    output card does not make it a GPU, you need a GPU to have full function of catalyst.