Thread: Addressing help...

Addressing help...

Hello everyone, Im having a little trouble getting my current set up configured and was hoping someone might be able to put me on the right path. I have 12 Jarags and Im trying to Pixelmad them. Heres the details....

Grand MA 1 connected to Catalyst on Artnet 0 (all layers are working fine)

12 Jarags patched on the console in universes 7 and 8 (work fine from the console, cant get them to fire up thru Catalyst)

ELC Node6 receiving artnet from GMA, converting to DMX, feeding Jarags (works fine when I select the fixtures from GMA, does not work when I try to use the layers I have assigned to them)

I think my problem is getting the right Artnet assignment for the ELC Node. Right now in the GMA, universes 7 and 8 are set to output on Artnet 1:0 and 1:1, that works fine, its getting it configured to output from the Catalyst thats kicking my ass. Im certain that I have Pixelmad set up correctly, I just need a little artnet help.

Thanks for any help guys, Im having a real "duh" moment here.

I am not super well versed on the pixelmad side of things. But here are some recommendations you can check real quick. Make sure you have the right output number and channel assignments selected in the pixelmixes fixture patch sheet. In the DMX Artnet window, universe map tab, this has the mapping from those output numbers to the actual artnet output universes going out. So if you have half of your fixtures assigned to output 0 and the other half on output 1, then the universe map tab should have output 0 and 1 enabled, broadcast artnet 2.255.255.255 (or however the ip addressing of your elc is setup (but should be a 2.x.x.x or a 10.x.x.x), universe 16 and 17. remember Artnet 1:0 is hex.. so that would be universe 16, not 0.

Hopefully that jogs your memory a little bit and you can get it figured out.

You may also want to make sure the ELC has the ability to merge two universes streams like that in a HTP fashion. Never used them myself.

Ryan

Thanks, it was a late night and that was the last thing I had to do. When I came in the next day it made perfect sense to me. Thanks for the help.

Matt

Open the Artnet HUD and go to the 2nd tab: Universe Map
    Left column is PixelMad ouput, Right column is Artnet Universes (centre column is broadcast / unicast)

Assuming that you've patched the fixtures to Pixelmad Outputs 0 & 1, then you should change the Artnet universe (right column) to 16 & 17 on the top two lines (PixelMad output 0 & 1

Also ensure that DMX Output is enabled in Pixelmad.

Are you trying to merge both MA and Catalyst? - or just use Catalyst?
    Artnet supports HTP merge - but you may require an Artistic Licence product to enable it

Else - Do send me a zip copy of your show folder
    (exclude the catalyst app - but let me know which version)
    Alternatively - just a screenshot of the pixelmad window and the artnet HUD (all 3 tabs)
    and I'll take a look and see if i can advise...

Simon
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

Thanks Simon, I got it sorted. It was a late night and wasnt thinking right. Yes, I am going a merge, controlling the fixtures from the MA and Catalyst. All is working now, just needed to step back and think it out for a minute. Thanks again everyone.

Universe expansion

Hey Simon -

How do you get catalyst to allow more DMX Outputs? I see you've got 20 here, but I can only seem to get mine to give me 10... but I need 15 for this project with the magic panels.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Cooper

10 universes is a licence restriction of the PRO version
    To obtain more universes, you have to purchase bundle upgrades

Do contact me to discuss

Simon
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

Hello Simon -

I left a voicemail - Would be great to get this unlocked at sometime within the next 10 hours for when I get the units back.

+1-573-450-2150

Thank you!