Thread: Final CUT Pro X - abomination

Hybrid View

Better switch to Adobe Premiere then

Hugh

i switched from premiere in 2002?

didn't adobe attempt a redesign of premiere - premiere 6?
    which was horrible and broken

then they ditched the mac version-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Premiere_Pro

--

I'm old enough to remember the lightworks vs avid stuff

http://www.lightworksbeta.com/index.php?
    option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=20&id=9858&Itemi d=269

Premiere Pro has been a Mac/Windows application for several years.

Many Pro FCP users dishearted by FCP X are having a stab at it - it's not perfect, but at least it follows a professional workflow and has tight integration with other Adobe applications.

Hugh

Steinauer opened the talk by explaining how this year’s Oscar nominees, Social Network andTrue Grit, as well as all of the documentary film nominees, were edited on Final Cut Pro. He claimed a 94% customer satisfaction with the software and noted that they were growing “our base more than twice as fast as the NLE market place competition.” He added that the competition (Avid and Adobe Premiere) were “in the race for second place,” hovering around twenty percent of the market each, while Apple’s Final Cut Pro holds over fifty percent of the NLE market.
    94% customer satisfaction?
    so why did they turn it into iMovie?? remove all the pro stuff - import and export? backwards and forwards compatibility?
    when it was working so well?

http://masteringfilm.com/apples-fina...quite-like-it/

Richard

Got to say it is well worth looking at premier now, since the FCPX train wreck I have made the jump and I'm very impressed. I know there are a lot of folks like your self that jumped ship to FCP, during the WTF Adobe days, who are impressed with CS5 and above. Only real negatives are the multicam setup which is limited to 4 cameras, and no ref files, but if that is a issue I still have FCP "Classic"to fall back on. can even setup using final cut keyboard short cuts. Plus the support of more codecs and containers is a boon not needing to rewrap or encode for editing is a real plus, particulary on rehearsals where you need to pull some content out of the air at midnite and your loading out to the first show(not that EVER happens).

Until FCPX can do the basics I need, I won't waste my money on it, better spent on a plug in for AFX... plus the events thing is @$£%. More concerning is the QT direction and how long we have till it is EOLed.

Phil
    Philip G Haynes
    Live Visual Design and Direction