Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OS X Lion 10.7

Quote Originally Posted by ajmaudio View Post
    don't let em kill Cat Richard ha....
    nah - they wont kill me - i use the minimal number of apple software dev related things i can possibly get away with-

catalyst works in lion-

but im not sure about the performance - or what stuff they broke - that didnt need breaking

... theres just more stuff to turn off in lion

(cats have 9 lives...)

out now!

Lion came out! At least here in the US.
    I'm traveling in Asia at the moment but has anyone tried it with the release version?
    Anything to look out for?

I'm not really wanting all the fancy garble that it promises, but I would like to see the updates to a few apps and the versioning / backups that is supplies system wide. I don't think my drawing apps are up to speed on it yet so I don't want to click "yes" on the D/L that came in overnight....

And I'm using my lappy to send content on all these fly shows. So I don't want to jeopardize that. But I'd sure like to know!

The machines I use back home are still on 10.5 and I guess should stay that way...

Robb

i suggest everyone watches the bleeding from a distance-

as people discover more things are broken/deprecated than are added or fixed....

rosetta was a key component in a lot of hidden stuff-
    stuff that hadnt been updated for a while - 3rd party things-

copy that. I will prolly update my laptop sooner-ish, once I get this current tour off and running and no drawings / renderings have to be done for a bit.
    I've always got the office machines / road machines etc.
    I will try and post findings here, but it won't be till after 8/1 -ish...

Robb

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    nah - they wont kill me - i use the minimal number of apple software dev related things i can possibly get away with-

catalyst works in lion-

but im not sure about the performance - or what stuff they broke - that didnt need breaking
    Hi Richard,

I can't get m329 to launch at all under Lion. Have you another version which works in Lion?

Quote Originally Posted by blamelewis View Post
    Hi Richard,

I can't get m329 to launch at all under Lion. Have you another version which works in Lion?
    send me email

i am also interested in a version that work under Lion.

Quote Originally Posted by PascalV View Post
    i am also interested in a version that work under Lion.
    Send me email

if its working don't break it-

do not upgrade any current systems to 10.7 from 10.6 or 10.5 - unless you like pain

you lose lots of stuff and gain nothing - unless you like half baked auto-save

it usually takes apple 6 months or so to finally get to something that works properly